Sunday, 15 April 2012

News

I have been told that Billy was put on the re-homing section and was reserved.
I am so pleased that he was reserved so quickly, I was worried that he would be there a while.
I am so glad I qwent to see him last weekend.

Morris is doing a lot better,no more diaorrhea, although I am on the look out for a cheap scratch post as he is shredding the wooden wall posts. When he goes to the adoption centre I will have to sand down the wood.


Saturday I attended my first Training day with the Cats Protection, It was on Fundraising.
There were four workshops during the time we were there
  1. Legacies
  2. Who you know/Recruitment
  3. Are there any new fundraising ideas?
  4. How to run a successful event.
Did you know that over 100,000 Cats and Kittens we help are helped thanks to gifts in Wills?
I didn't! But what a great to continue to help after you are gone?

Also there is such a thing as Cat Guardianship, so if you die Cats Protection will collect your Cat/s and re-home them. But it all has to be written in a will of course, what a great way to know that your cats won't be homeless when you pass away.

And that just one conversation you have about the work that Cats Protection do, can lead to others helping or supporting your local Branch.
Well lots of Fundraising ideas were banded about, alot from the Adoption Centre as they do have a great fundraising team. But great ideas from other branches too. It is great to meet other volunteers from other areas.
It makes me wanna do something daft for money!!! :0D

I really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the next one.

1 comment:

  1. That's great news about Billy! And you helped in the process of Billy find a forever home, thanks for fostering!

    ReplyDelete